Abrasive Wheels Training
We are a reputable Abrasive Wheels Training Course Provider. Our courses can be arranged in Kerry, Limerick and Tipperary. We cater for all industries. For instance if you require Group Abrasive Wheels Training or On Site Abrasive Wheels Training we can assist. Above all our Training is cost effective and most importantly it can be arranged at a time and day that suits you. Contact us on 087 6499027 to book your Abrasive Wheels Course.
So what do we cover in Abrasive Wheels training?
We cover both theory and practical. Firstly we discuss the content which is listed below. Secondly, we cover the practical section which will involve inspecting and mounting an abrasive wheel. For instance, the trainer will demonstrate pre-use inspection of equipment and mounting an abrasive wheel. Once that is done each participant will get the opportunity to get involved and get some practice in.
On successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- List the legal requirements of working with Abrasive Wheels
- Select the appropriate wheel or cutting disc for the task
- Correctly use/Manual Handling Training & mount an Abrasive Wheel
- Understand the function of the Abrasive Wheel such as fixed or portable
- Health and Safety Awareness surrounding the safe use of Abrasive Wheels
- Identify the hazards of working with Abrasive Wheels
- The function of flanges, blotters & other components
- Pre-use inspection of Abrasive Wheels & Equipment
- Selection of appropriate Personal Protective Equipment
- The correct procedure for Wheel Mounting
Most importantly our Abrasive Wheel Training provides the learners with the appropriate knowledge required for the use of abrasive wheels safely. In other words, we ensure all participants are fully aware of the hazards and dangers that can be associated with the use of an abrasive wheel.
- Maximum of 12 participants per course
- Approx. 2.5-hour duration – however, this will depend on the number of participants
Who Should Attend training?
In short any employee who operates Abrasive Wheels as part of their normal work duties.
Online/Blended Training options
Looking to save time. Why not complete the training online. Training will be completed in two section. The theory section will be completed with an online training course, followed by a 15 minute video call to cover the practical section. For this you will be required to select and mount an Abrasive Wheel.
Approved by IIRSM & CPD – Duration 100 mins* – €70.00
Certification is provided on completion of this Abrasive Wheel Training Course.
Certification is valid for 3 years.
Check out our Booking page for upcoming course dates or call us on 087 6490027. Looking for a last-minute or individual booking. We can help.